Add to your health credit with this vegetable and cheese stuffed multigrain bread roll, that packs a punch of nutrition.
Sandwich lovers are sure to love this multigrain bread roll, which combines the goodness of multigrain bread with a bunch of yummy veggies, all cooked in an air fryer to keep the calorie count low. The cottage cheese adds to the protein content, veggies ensure fibre, and herbs make the roll more flavourful.
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Multigrain Bread Slices – 4
Cottage Cheese (Paneer) – 250 g
Green Peas, shelled – 80 g
Oil – 2 tsp + extra for brushing
Salt – 2 tsp
Pepper – ¼ tsp
Rai – ½ tsp
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Ginger, grated – ½ tsp
Green chilli, finely chopped – 1 tsp
- Boil the peas in water till soft.
- Squeeze out excess water from the cottage cheese, or paneer. Keep aside the water that oozes.
- In a pan, heat 2 tsp oil. Add the spices, ginger and green chilli. Add paneer, boiled peas, salt and pepper. Mix well and take off the heat.
- Cut the bread slices into halves (removing the edges is optional). Take some of the liquid from the paneer and brush on a bread slice till damp. Take 2 tsp of the paneer filling and make a roll.
- Make rolls from with all the bread
- Lightly brush the rolls with oil.
- Keep the rolls on a square piece of foil and place in the basket of the airfryer.
- Cook at 160ºC for 20-25 minutes, till golden brown.
- Serve hot with dips of your choice.