Try this meal, to get a nutritional double whammy! Two super-foods quinoa and beets come together in a recipe that brings you an air-fried treat.
Eating a healthy diet doesn’t always mean you have to compromise with the taste. If you are aiming to eat healthier, and are put off by the taste of healthy food, then think afresh. Use herbs, an air-fryer, and a combination of ingredients that dazzles.
Ditch those boiled veggies, and try-out something new. Try this utterly delicious recipe with a punch of superfood ingredients like quinoa and beetroot, guaranteed to boost your energy quotient!
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Ingredients for Kebabs
Spinach – half a bunch
Chana Dal – ½ cup, boiled
Peanuts – 3 tsp, roasted and pounded coarsely
Ginger – 1 tbsp, grated
Green Chillies –3, finely chopped
Salt – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric – 12 tsp
Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Pepper – ¼ tsp
Rock salt – 1 tsp
Sweet Corn – 3 tbsp kernels
For the Beetroot Dip
Beetroot – 1 large, peeled and cubed
Garlic – 4 cloves
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt, to taste
For the Quinoa Salad
Quinoa: ½ cup
Cucumber – 2, cut into 3 inch pieces, pulp scooped out
Cucumber pulp – from 2 cucumbers, finely chopped
Spring onion – 1, finely chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
- Toss the beetroot cubes in a oil, with a 1tsp of salt and red chilli powder. Place on a piece of aluminum foil and air-fry, till slightly cooked and some colour develops (160ºC for 20 minutes). Allow to cool. Grind the air-fried beets into a thick dip with garlic, using 2-3 tsp oil.
- Blanch the spinach. Remove from water, drain well and blend together with the boiled chanadal. Add garlic, ginger, green chillies, peanuts and all spices. Shape into patties, brush with oil and cook in the air fryer till crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in one cup water till tails start showing. Drain and allow to cool. Mix with cucumber pulp, onion and season.
- Fill the quinoa salad in the scooped out cucumber pieces.
- Assemble and serve with mint and green mango chutney, if desired.